Join the Show
Your participation in the Art Deco Society of Washington’s (ADSW’s) 37th annual Washington DC Modernism Show, May 2-3, 2020 is invited. After more than 30 years in gymnasiums, warehouses, and other nondescript settings in the Washington suburbs, 2020 marks the show’s return to a close in location and a national historic landmark—the George Washington Masonic National Memorial in Old Town Alexandria.
In addition to the historic structure, Old Town Alexandria and the Memorial offer several other advantages, including
• Ample free parking, a rarity for a close in location.
• Overnight parking for dealer trucks. Leave your truck at the Memorial and walk to and from nearby hotels and restaurants
• Increased accessibility from throughout the Washington area because of the easy 4-block walk from the King Street station on Metro’s Blue and Yellow lines.
• Daily rail service to New York, Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, Richmond, and other cities from the Alexandria Amtrak Station just blocks from the Memorial
• An abundance of bars, restaurants, hotels, historic sites, and shops making Old Town Alexandria an extremely popular weekend destination. The free King Street Trolley runs between the King Street Metro and the Waterfront.
• High rankings in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2019 ranking of the best small cities in America (#3), Money’s #1 Best Value travel destination 2018, and Southern Living’s South’s Prettiest Cities 2018.
The show will take place in the Grand Masonic Hall, the Conference Room, the Dining Room, and the connecting corridors.
Because of the historic nature of the structure, there is no cookie-cutter approach to booth design. Booths vary from 10 to 12 feet deep and from 10 to 20 feet wide. Virtually all booths back to a wall. All booths and tables include complimentary electricity and free chairs. Eighteen 8-foot table spaces are available in the wide corridors connecting the rooms. The tables will be set against the wall. Chair(s) will be provided for the dealer to sit across from or next to the tables.
Four deluxe 10 x 20 booths in the Grand Masonic Hall have papered pegboard walls in the rear and one side. Drapes separate the booths on the sides of Grand Masonic Hall behind the massive columns. Four standalone “parking” spaces are available in Grand Masonic Hall for placement of a 6-foot showcase or table. Dealers located in Grand Masonic Hall will have two short (5-7 shallow steps) interior flights of stairs to access their booth but ramps are available.
Show hours will be Saturday, May 2nd from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday, May 3rd from 11 AM to 5 PM. A Preview will be held from 9:00 AM to 11 AM Saturday. Dealer load in will be Friday. A caterer will provide food service Saturday and Sunday. Attendees will also be able to purchase discounted tours of the Memorial, including the 9th floor observation deck.